Coaching for Success with the EMP
Join us in this live online workshop focused on coaching, exclusively for Certified Practitioners of the Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile® (EMP). Are you an educator or early-career consultant who understands the basics of the EMP but would like to know more about how to coach using the instrument? Since coaching can often be confused with advising, mentoring or training, we designed this session to outline the why, what, and how-to’s of coaching with the EMP.
During this live online workshop, EMP Practitioners will:
- Understand best practices and gain insight into key aspects of coaching;
- Learn a model for coaching as well as a few core behaviors to promote tangible growth and change;
- Practice essential coaching skills such as Listening, Inquiry and Feedback;
- Discover actionable tips to support your students’ or clients’ continuous improvement;
- Explore coaching strategies and tactics that have a high impact;
- Learn practical guidelines for balancing support and accountability; and
- Identify resources to supplement your coaching practices.
Who Should Attend
Certified Practitioners of the EMP who are at least one of the following:
- Educators with little or no coaching background who want to enhance their students’ experience with the EMP
- Consultants who want to learn the basics of coaching
- Organizational leaders who want to expand their coaching skills
Please note that since this live online workshop covers only the fundamentals of coaching, it is not appropriate for seasoned coaches.
What Previous Participants Say About This Live Online Workshop
- “It reinforced the value of listening.”
- “It helped me understand the difference between coaching and teaching.”
- “It taught me the importance of open-ended questions.”
Coaching Workshop Fee
- Early Bird: $175 (through September 30, 2020)
- Standard: $195 (from October 1, 2020)
Registration deadline is November 1, 2020 and the standard payment deadline is November 4, 2020. Early bird payment deadline is September 30, 2020.
Upcoming Coaching Workshop Opportunities
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020 from 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m. EST (live online workshop)
About the Presenter
Maggie Dunn is the Coaching Talent Lead and Executive Coach at Eckerd College’s Leadership Development Institute. Maggie has over 20 years of Human Resource leadership experience in Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to establishing her consulting practice, HR Leadership Solutions, she was on Motorola’s HR leadership team with overall talent management responsibility for international business units at every stage of the business life-cycle. She has worked extensively with business leaders across the U.S., Latin America, Asia and Europe. Before joining Motorola, Maggie was with McDonnell Douglas Corporation (now part of Boeing) where she established the company’s first Career Resource Center and provided strategic acquisition integration support. Maggie is a member of the Management Faculty for Nova Southeastern University’s Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship. She teaches leadership and HR courses in the MBA program. Dr. Dunn earned her Doctorate in Business Administration from Nova Southeastern University. Her dissertation is titled “The Impact of Leadership on Employees’ Commitment to the Organization: An International Perspective.” She earned her Masters degree in Education with a concentration in Human Resource Development and her Bachelors in Psychology from the American University in Washington, D.C.
EMP Coaching Workshop at a Glance
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Time: 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m. EST
Attendees: EMP Practitioners newer to coaching